Our Vision, Mission, Values
Strive to be your best.
At Rooks Heath School, we create the conditions for every student to be enabled to strive to be their best.
Rooks Heath School has a long and successful tradition of providing a caring and positive learning environment to support each student in achieving their individual goals. We respect and empower our richly diverse community to enable all students to be ambitious, confident, empathetic and self-aware individuals who go on to achieve their aspirations.
Students come to Rooks Heath School from a variety of backgrounds and quickly become part of the Rooks Heath family. We benefit from a rich ethnic and culturally diverse population, and we are highly effective in promoting equal opportunities. As an Academy we maximise the opportunity to develop an inspiring and challenging curriculum and work closely with other Secondary Schools to develop an excellent educational experience for young people within Harrow and beyond.
At Rooks Heath School, we will:
- develop our students to have a spirit of curiosity with teaching strategies that ensure they have equal access to an enriched curriculum.
- provide exceptional pastoral care which will lead to every student having a sense of pride and belonging from the KS2 transition year through to Post-16.
- inspire the entire community to have a lifelong love of learning.
- deliver a curriculum that is always broad, balanced and accessible to all, including enriching extra-curricular experiences that prepare our students for life beyond Rooks Heath.
- nurture individuals who contribute positively to their community and society at large, drawing on the wide experiences and backgrounds of students and staff.
- ensure that all our students and staff possess the digital and academic literacy required to survive and thrive in a 21st century world.
The quality of education will be underpinned by lessons that will be delivered skilfully to ensure achievement for all. Every second of learning will count and contribute to the development of independent learners.
Our values are represented in the words ‘On Track’ and consist of the characteristics that we believe underpin the development of our students. We encourage all our students to be On TRACK by consistently embodying these values: