Key Stage 5
At Key Stage 5 we offer BTEC Level 3 Business and A Level Business (Edexcel exam board).
BTEC Level 3 Business is a vocational course that equips students for a career in a wide range of industries. It is a work-related qualification.
- National Extended Certificate in Business = 1 A level equivalent
- National Diploma in Business = 2nd A level equivalent
The programme aims to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the operations and structures of businesses and also to equip students with the skills required to succeed in employment or at university. The course will involve businesses in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Students will cover a range of topics that include: Exploring a Business, Developing a Marketing Campaign, Personal and Business finance, Managing an event, International Business and Principles of management.
They will be assessed in 3 ways:
- Assignments set and marked by Rooks Heath teachers
- Tasks set and marked by Edexcel
- One exam each year, set and marked by Edexcel
A-Level Business is split into 4 Themes studied over the two years. These themes are examined at the end of Year 13 by three exam papers. The course covers the following areas of Business:
- Theme 1 - Marketing and people
- Theme 2 - Managing business activities
- Theme 3 - Business decisions and strategy
- Theme 4 - Global business
There are three exam papers: paper one covers themes 1 & 4, paper 2 covers themes 2 & 3 and paper 3 is a synoptic paper that is based around research on a given topic. All exam papers are 2 hours.