Key Stage 4
GCSE sociology is offered to any student who has a natural interest in how society works. It is a two year course with two exams in the summer term. You will study the following topics:
- Sociological Research Methods - What are the advantages and disadvantages of various research methods?
- Families and Households - Why are divorce rates rising? How is this impacting society?
- Education - Why do certain social groups achieve higher than others?
- Crime and Deviance - Who is more likely to commit a crime?
- Social Stratification - How are a person’s life chances affected by their social status?
GCSE Sociology is assessed 100% by exam.
Exam Board: AQA