Key Stage 4
At Key Stage 4 learners either study OCR Cambridge Nationals level1/2 or GCSE Business.
OCR Cambridge Nationals is a new course incorporating three mandatory topics which comprise of:
- Enterprise and marketing concepts (R064 External exam)
- Design a business proposal (R065)
- Market and pitch a business proposal (R066)
The course allows learners to explore, challenge and realise their potential. Students get the opportunity to see whether the industry is one they’d like to be in, where they could go, and gain knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their next step.
The course provides students with practical transferable skills such as self-reflection, communication, teamwork and problem solving.
All results are awarded on the following scale:
Level 2 – Distinction * (*2), Distinction (D2), merit (M2), Pass (P2)
Level 1 – Distinction (D1), Merit (M1), Pass (P1) and Unclassified.
GCSE Business is a two year course with 2 formal, 90 minute assessments at the end:
- Theme one (Investigating small business) exam in May/June comprising of calculations, multiple choice, short and long answer questions.
- Theme two (Building a business) exam in May/June comprising of calculations, multiple choice, short and long answer questions.
Topics covered at GCSE include aims and organisation, Enterprise, external factors, marketing, operations, Human resources and finance.
The annual Key Stage 4 trip to Thorpe Park always proves to be a huge help to our GCSE and OCR students.