Key Stage 3
At Rooks Heath we maintain an hour a week of Religious Studies throughout Key Stage 3 & 4 and all students are able to enter for the GCSE exam in year 11.
At Key Stage 3, students study the six main world faiths:
- Term 1: Learning about Hinduism looking at expression of faith.
- Term 2: An introduction to Buddhist beliefs and practices.
- Term 3: The origins of Sikhism and the concept of helping others.
- Term 1: A study of Judaism and the importance of identity.
- Term 2: A study of the life and teachings of Jesus.
- Term 3: Learning about Islam through beliefs and practices
- Term 1: Transition into Key Stage 3/4 - start of Short Course AQA GCSE course.
- Term 2: AQA GCSE
- Term 3: AQA GCSE