Key Stage 3
Topics to be covered:
- Characterisation and character development
- Ancient Greek Theatre
- Whole group spontaneous improvisation
- Characterisation and Character Development
- Performing an extract of a script
- Shakespeare and Elizabethan Theatre
Theatre trips, project work, exploring different theatrical conventions and performance work.
Pathways to Year 10 Options:
Prior knowledge/skills/interests recommended to apply for this course:
Teamwork, enthusiasm, evaluation, communication, confidence, self expression, verbal and non verbal communication, body language, voice, movement.
Additional Information (materials/teamwork/attendance):
Each unit will be internally assessed through the presentation of ideas, contribution to group work, performance work and evaluation.
Students will be expected to work well as a team, be well organised and enthusiastic. This course will involve lots of practical work, so good attendance is vital!