At Rooks Heath College, we run internal mock exams in the same way that we run public exams, so that students can practice and experience the formal environment of public exams and thus be well prepared when they sit a public exam.
Students will be given an individual timetable and seating plan, together with full instructions regarding conduct during the Mock exams.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YEAR 11 MOCKS DECEMBER 2020
- Note the timing of your exams - either 9:00am or 1:10pm - clearly stated on the seating plan under the heading START TIME.
- The location of each exam is on the Individual Seating Plan under the heading ROOM and SEAT NUMBER.
- You must sit at the correct desk for each exam, or you may be marked as absent for the exam.
- You must be in tutor groups, lined up in D Block cage at 9:00am for your morning exams and line up promptly at 1.10pm outside the right Gym for your afternoon exams
- If you are not sure of your seat number, there will also be a copy of the seating plan outside the doors of each Gym.
EXAM INSTRUCTIONS, BEHAVIOUR AND EXPECTATIONS
- Mobile phones should NOT be brought into College at all or should be left switched off in bags, which must be closed securely. Or you may hand your mobile to an invigilator for safekeeping. Any device found on your person will be confiscated immediately.
- You must bring all equipment you need for each exam. Equipment should be kept in a see-through plastic pencil case. You should only use BLACK pens. Remember your Maths equipment! Calculator lids must be removed and left in bags. Bags and coats are to be left at the back of the Gyms.
- Once you enter the exam room you must be silent, find your seat, sit down and wait for instructions from the Exams Officer and the invigilators. There should be silence before, during and after the exam.
- If you need to bring water it should be in a clear plastic bottle with no labels on the bottle. All other bottles, pots of Vaseline and other sundry items will be confiscated until the end of the exam.
- Any student wearing a watch remove it and place it on your desk in full view.
- You must go back to your timetabled lesson immediately after your morning exam and to tutor time afternoon exams. You go to lunch as normal. If you do not have an afternoon exam, you got to periods 4 and 5 as normal. There will be no booster classes.
- If you break any of the exam rules you will be removed from the exam room. You are reminded that unacceptable behaviour in these Mocks will not be tolerated and sanctions will be imposed.
- If you concerned about any aspect of these exams, you should see Mrs. Das, Exams Officer, in the Exams Office AG9 with any questions you may have.