At Rooks Heath School, we run internal mock exams in the same way that we run public exams, so that students can practice and experience the formal environment of public exams and thus be well prepared when they sit a public exam.
Students will be given an individual timetable and seating plan, together with full instructions regarding conduct during the May Assessments.
INSTRUCTIONS, BEHAVIOUR AND EXPECTATIONS - MAY ASSESSMENTS
- Mobile phones should NOT be brought into School at all or should be left switched off in bags, which must be closed securely. Or you may hand your mobile to an invigilator for safekeeping. Any device found on your person will be confiscated immediately.
- You must bring all equipment you need for each Assessment. Equipment should be kept in a see-through plastic pencil case. You should only use BLACK pens. Remember your Maths equipment! Calculator lids must be removed and left in bags. Bags and coats are to be left at the back of the Gyms.
- Once you enter the Assessment room you must be silent, find your seat, sit down and wait for instructions from the Exams Officer and the Invigilators. There should be silence before, during and after the Assessment.
- If you need to bring water it should be in a clear plastic bottle with no labels on the bottle. All other bottles, pots of Vaseline and other sundry items will be confiscated until the end of the Assessment.
- Any student wearing a watch remove it and place it on your desk in full view.
- You must go back to your timetabled lesson immediately after your morning Assessment and to tutor time after afternoon Assessments if appropriate. You go to lunch as normal. If you do not have an afternoon Assessment, you go to periods 4 and 5 as normal.
- If you break any of the rules you will be removed from the exam room. You are reminded that unacceptable behaviour in these Assessments will not be tolerated and sanctions will be imposed.
- If you concerned about any aspect of these Assessments you should see Mrs. Das, Exams Officer, in the Exams Office AG9 with any questions you may have.