Health and Social Care
At Key Stage 4 students study BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care
Who is the Course for?
The course is designed to introduce students to working in the health and social care services sector and prepare them for further study. The Health and Social Care sector covers a vast range of employment opportunities, including statutory, private and voluntary provision of care services. Skilled health and social care professionals are always needed to ensure people who are vulnerable through health or social issues are given the help and advice they need. If you want to make a real difference, the health and social care sector could hold the right career for you.
What can it lead to?
Learners who generally achieve at Level 2 across their Key Stage 4 learning might consider progression to:
- A Levels as preparation for entry into higher education in a range of subjects
- Study of a vocational qualification at Level 3, such as a BTEC National in Health and Social Care, which prepares to enter employment or apprenticeships, or to move on to higher education by studying a degree in aspects of health or social care.
What will I study?
Learners are required to complete and achieve all the components included in the qualification
- Component 1 Human Lifespan Development
- Component 2 Health and Social Care Services
- Component 3 Health and Wellbeing
You will be assessed in 2 ways:
- Assignments set and marked by Rooks Heath teachers
2. Tasks set and marked by Edexcel