Year 13 (KS5) Summer 2022 Results
We are extremely proud of our students and pleased to report excellent outcomes for our Year 13 students this summer 2022.
This year is particularly pleasing as, despite the unique experience managing learning during the pandemic and the cohort not experiencing any formal public exams since the SATs, together with several periods of interrupted learning, we are delighted to report that our performance at KS5 is in line with pre-pandemic outcomes
We celebrate 98.60% of all our students achieving an A level grade A* - E, 63% achieving A* - C with an increase in the number of students achieving A* /A which saw an increase by 6%. This is incredible for our students, many of whom join Rooks Heath from other parts of the UK or abroad with lower-than-average starting points. We have seen a move upwards in the number of students achieving the higher grades. From 2019, the last time students sat formal exams, we have outperformed those results in all areas. The proportion of students achieving grades A*/B has increased by 5.6%.
We are especially pleased with the performance of our students who studied vocational qualifications where we celebrate 32% of grades awarded at Distinction * or Distinction.
98% of the cohort have been offered a place at a university to complete a higher education course. The remaining students are clear about their next steps in employment or are seeking apprenticeships thanks to the high-quality guidance and care offered by Rooks Heath.
Rooks Heath is a school which truly serves the community, and we could not be more proud of what our students have achieved after an incredible period of time. We have gained the inclusion quality mark for a reason. As a truly inclusive school, we thrive on ensuring every student has a pathway set out for their future..
Mrs Manderson, Headteacher
Mr Wright, the Head of 6th Form stated: I feel immensely proud of the resilience and commitment shown by our year 13 students. They have performed admirably in the face of adversity, and I am delighted that so many of them achieved the grades required for them to successfully continue to the next stage of their learning whether that is at university or on an apprenticeship.
Whilst we celebrate the achievements of all, we would like to share some highlights below:
- Talitha Saravanamuttu: A*A A in Ancient Greek, Latin and Mathematics going to Oxford University to read Classics
- Kayleigh Ann Foster-Hyland: Triple Distinction in BTEC Applied Science and Health and Social Care going to King’s College London to study Adult Nursing
- Danielle Minnaar: Double Distinction*on BTEC Business and an A grade in Criminology going to the University of Westminster to study Law
- Ria Valambhia: Distinction *, Distinction in BTEC Information Technology and Creative Digital Media Production and an A grade at A level Fine Art going to the University of the Arts, London to study Games Art
- Faisa Hasani: Distinction *, Distinction in BTEC Business and an A grade in Criminology going to Brunel University to study Law
- Lamya Qazi: Distinction* in BTEC Creative Digital Media Production and grades A B in A level English Literature and Sociology going to City University, London to study Law
- Terique Carnegie: Distinction*, Distinction in BTEC Business and a B grade in Computer Science going to Royal Holloway to study Computer Science
- Khaled Mikdad: Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction in BTEC Information Technology and Business going to University of Westminster to study Business Information Systems
- Ashen Wittachchy: Distinction*, Distinction in BTEC Applied Science and a B grade in A level Mathematics going to Queen Mary University, London to study Mathematics
- Ayush Kerai: Triple Distinction in BTEC Business and Information Technology going to Roehampton University to study Business Management
- Ziant Naouar: A A B in Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology going to Kingston University to study Pharmacy
- Kushpal Phull: A A B in Computer Studies, Mathematics and Physics going to the University of Sheffield to study Aerospace Engineering
- Eris Deda: B B B in Business Studies, Economics and Sociology going to Brunel University to study Business Management
- Floriana Rushiti: Triple Distinction in BTEC Applied Science and Health and Social Care going Brunel University to study Adult Nursing
- Mateusz Sikora: Triple Distinction in BTEC Business and Information Technology going to the University of Westminster to study Business Information Systems
There are several others, who will go on to the wide host of university courses we have prepared them to study; from courses as varied as Fashion Business Management to Diagnostic Radiography.
We wish them all the very best as they move on.