Canvas Arrives at Rooks Heath School
We are very pleased to announce the introduction of an exciting new virtual learning environment (VLE) for our school community.
We are very pleased to announce the introduction of an exciting new virtual learning environment (VLE) for our school community. The system has been growing in popularity worldwide as it continues to help transform learning; making it more accessible, meaningful and rewarding.
Through the company we have made excellent links with schools throughout Europe. They have helped to provide new ideas that can benefit our school. Such schools include British School of the Netherlands, Skipton School for Girls and even Park High School who are a little closer to home.
Our main aims are to:
- Improve the links between staff, students and parents by using the system to collaborate in a consistent way.
- To provide valuable information and resources that students can access from anywhere and any device with an internet connection.
- To clearly display success criteria for each assignment, so students understand how to make progress.
- To enable teachers to provide effective feedback to help students improve.
- Create dynamic online courses with videos, revision games and collaboration activities.
- Reduce administrative workload for staff, so that students are receiving optimum teaching time in lessons.
- Integrate other IT systems such as Kerboodle, MCAS and ParentPay into Canvas, so that we reduce the amount of signing in to different places.
Staff are continuing to build their online courses with more departments ‘going live’ with Canvas every week. Students will start to see more courses and content appearing on their Dashboards as we progress through the year. Thanks to the enthusiasm of our staff, we have made excellent progress since September.
Parents are our next focus and we will be testing the system with a group of volunteers later in the term. You will be hearing lots more about Canvas soon, as the School continues to be pioneers in supporting learning with Canvas VLE.
To learn a little more about Canvas please click here.