Strike action Wed 15th & Thur 16th March
School closed to students - click for details.
Dear Parent / Carer
As you will have seen in the letter that was sent home on 23rd January, the third and fourth strike days announced by the NEU were Wednesday 15th March and Thursday 16th March. We can confirm these are going ahead and school will be closed to students on these dates and the arrangements for students are similar to the previous two strike days.
- All classes with teachers who are striking will not have lessons for the day.
- Any classes with teachers who are not striking, students will need to work from home with set tasks from these teachers, where possible on Satchel One and Teams. If there is no access to IT, we have asked these teachers to ensure students are given access to work they can do offline.
- Some Year 11 students have been invited to subject-specific sessions on Wednesday and/or Thursday where it has been possible to run these. Students will have received invites from their teachers and should be in school for the times indicated on their letter invites.
- Special arrangements will also be made for students with specific contexts. The safeguarding team will organise this on a case-by-case basis.
- All KS5 students may continue independent study at home.
- Any students that are on site and in receipt of a free school meal will have access to this. Students will need to be on site at 12:30pm in full school uniform and will be dismissed at 1:10pm.
Rooks Heath School